Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend in Review:

3 Words - Yum, Yum and Yum. All the recipes turned out great.

Applebee's Chicken Fajita Roll-up (from Top Secret Recipes)
Tasted very similar to Applebee's and was a big hit. It took a long time to measure and cut up everything, so next time I would probably buy pico de gallo instead of making it. Definitely will make the mexi-ranch on it own to serve with other items. It really tasted great with the fresh cilantro.

Buffalo Chicken Strips with Blue Cheese Salad
I did not make the blue cheese dressing/salad, but the chicken fingers were awesome. The chicken strips turned out nice and crispy. I did make some changes to the buffalo sauce though as it was not spicy enough for my taste. A little tabasco sauce solved the problem in no time.

Fettuccine Alfredo
This is my third attempt (and recipe) at making Fettuccine Alfredo for my husband. The third time is the charm! By far the best recipe I have tried so far. The sauce was cheesy, but not over powering and the perfect consistency. I can always count on the folks at Cooks Illustrated to come up with the perfect recipe. The only thing I noticed was that in order to reduce the cream sauce I had to cook it over med-low heat rather than low.